View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Also i would like to note that we are solely focusing on possible negatives here, There are many many known positives that will occur with "soft" legalization.

Short list would include,
1) Rebirth of Hemp industry, estimated to be worth multiple billions in expected tax revenue alone.
2) Tax revenue from the legalized and regulated product.. God only know's how many $$$
3) Reduced costs for the known downturns which will occur with a reduction in illegal drug use(reduction in costs associated with HIV infections would in and of themselves be profound)
4) The effective stripping of money and power from drug kingpins / cartels / etc. 70+ percent of their revenue / income comes from "soft" drugs. With that money gone they will not be able to continue the border wars that they have started.
5) to some extent drug tourism would come in play. (not sure how long this would go as quite frankly once the US legalizes i believe the majority of the world will quickly follow.)

I'm sure that there are many more that i am not thinking of presently... but that's a good enough start.

Last edited by AceArcher; 08-15-2013 at 10:15 PM.