View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgsquatch View Post
I have an idea! Let's register all of the drug users like sex offenders. It would be voluntary. Registrants would give up the right to vote, own guns, social security and medicaid, food stamps and any other public assistance. They don't need drivers licences and they are intelligible for treatment at Emergency Rooms unless they have their own privately owned insurance. Emergency respondents would be allowed to refuse them service. They would also be required to purchase their own liability insurance to be employed in any manner. In exchange they get complete immunity from any drug prosecution ever and free drugs supplied by the guvmet. Anyone currently in prison on drug charges could get out by registering. Failure to maintain a registration status once started would make the registrant subject to be hunted down for a bounty. Commission of any crime while a registrant (including failure to register) would be a mandatory capital sentence, and registrants would waive their constitutional rights to a jury trial. All trials and execution of sentence would be carried out by tribunal within thirty days of arrest. Anyone requesting commutation of a capital sentence could automatically receive such commutation by forfeiting US citizenship. They would then be "contracted" out to other countries as laborers, etc. The drug problem in this country would solve itself in ninety days.

This is a big government solution and I am in no way serious about it but I wonder how many drug addicts would sign right up?
Do ut fir alcohol too... Oh, wait. That might impact you, never mind.