View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
If I catch my kid doing anything illegal...underage drinking, smoking weed, etc. thats his butt
Of course... that's a given, any of us on here don't want anything but the best for their kids.

And since we have greater life experience and know the tragedies that can happen from drug use.... well we tend to get a little protective.

You know i have 2 adult age children, that we went through all these battles on. I have no doubt that there was some level of experimentation with things on their part. You know you have succeeded in raising a man or a woman, when they were willing to discuss things with you that they knew you would disapprove of.

Both have done very well in their lives, Our son is in the Airforce, Our daughter is doing well in an accounting office.

My wife and I enjoyed the experience so much that we Adopted a little boy who was a distant family member (yeah his biological mom is a addict and abandoned him in the hospital) 4 years after adopting him we found out she had another child that was abandoned as well (we just finished the adoption process on her)

Both were drug exposed at birth, and by the way some of you guys talk on here I should just go ahead and hang em out to dry. They done got the devil in em... might as well send em up the river.

But i am not gonna do that. Whatever it takes i am going to be there for them, whether they make a good choice or a very bad one. I am the father. It's what i do. And i will NOT fail in raising them well.