View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgsquatch View Post
Did you see my little drug registrant rant...That is a dramatization of the system in Germany. The problem I have with using the Germans or the Dutch system is those problems they had a while back.....six million of them.

I am loving this drama. I am going to hop back and forth across this fence just to see who smoked out today and can't tell the difference or who reads the first line of a post and then freaks out.

Seriously, my community has been destroyed by illegal weed and the meth and heroin that come with wanting to double up on the profits. We have weekly murders and home invasion robberies in a town where the biggest problem used to be poaching deer on the golf course. This is because weed is worth so much and that is because it is illegal.

I would legalize it simply to take the money out of it and raise my children to hate anything that captures one so.

I don't buy the BS about it being beneficial or a miracle cure because that is just addicts trying to legitimize their poison. Alcoholics claim they get benefit from their drugs too.

Addiction is defined as doing something that you know can or will harm you. If you insist on smoking weed when it very well might cost you a job or take you away from your family, you are an addict.

Poking out my eyes with a flaming rhinoceros horn is bad. Does that mean that poking out my eyes with a nice clean new needle is good? Quit justifying your craving and just vote about it, and admit your addiction honestly.

Why does reality suck so bad we want to create an alternative? Maybe we should create a better reality, lets start by reducing government.

anybody catching any fish.........?
This is not the definition of addiction, you can't just state something false and claim it as fact.

You are right, poking your eyes out is bad no matte the object used to do so. But, does it warrant being criminalized? Again, the choice should be up to the person, and if they are dumb enough to do anything to the point that it negatively impacts their career or family, then they will have to live with the consequences.

On the subject of employers (not in your post), they should and do have the right to restrict employees from doing anything that they see unsafe or unfit - this is done now, there are companies that don't allow red bull and pre workout drinks on premises, or to be consumed at or before work. Legalizing pot and regulating it would be no different, it's up to the companies and industries to make their own decisions, just like its up to the employee to comply or go work somewhere else.