View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
"What I am against is anybody pushing for regulations without adequate science to back up their position."
Meaux fishing

Guides do it all the time. You don't have to be a "scientist" to have valid position on a subject. In fact, I think common sense (which isn't so common) trumps scientific studies sometimes. What works on paper doesn't always work in the real world. Do y'all really think the decrease in the limit in an open estuary system like Calcasieu is effecting the fishing that much? Sabine has had a lower possession and larger size limit for a long time and everyone is running over there to fish now. Could have more to do with weirs, erosion, etc. than the limit but I'm not poor or a scientist so what do I know.
I know guides do it, look back at the article W posted, that doesnt mean its right. No I dont think it is affecting the fishing, fishing in any estuary system goes in cycles in my opinion. I also agree what works on paper doesnt always apply in application, but when the experts say there is no reason to lower the limit, then why do it? If you fish alot and dont want to keep 25 fish everytime you dont have to, I dont understand why somebody feels like they have to "save a resource" when it isnt in trouble.