View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 11:20 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
Can anybody tell me what monetary or political gain cca leadership, or politicos involved in these limit reductions have received? Just trying to locate the money trail. I know that a certain guise service was documented supporting limit reductions. But does one guide service have enough stroke to change things like this. Also I keep hearing "WD" how our what would he personally gain from these decreases? This b.s. is happening in tx to a greater extent, and I'm trying to understand who benefits from these changes, and what motivates cca to back it up?
CCA raises most of their $$$ from the STAR tournament. A number of positions within CCA are paid. The STAR tournament is possible because the state wildlife agencies approve the tagging and other aspects of the tournament.

It is a back scratching fest. The state agencies support CCA fundraising efforts (redfish tagging, tournaments), and CCA supports license increases and more restrictive regulations. More restrictive regulations carry the illusion of conservation progress to keep the fundraising cycle going.