View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 07:24 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
That'll get the job done! Should fly too with a 90hp on that.
When I went test it out it was pretty cold and foggy. I didn't want to run it too hard. With me and the wife we got it up to 37 with some throttle left and room to play with the jackplate and trim. In those conditions that's about as fast as I want to run, Should be able to get 40 with no problem.

I have a few issues that need to be adressed.

1. The steering was a little tight, especially turning to the left. When I got it home the steering arm had old grease on it and it was kinda sticky. I cleaned that off and tried it out and noticed the nut that holds the steering arm in place was loose. I tightened that and I'll re grease it when I get a grease gun. But seems to be a little better already. What type of grease should I use for this?

2. Trailer lights. I've taken care of that, installed a brand new set. While I was in the area I took down the license plate and bolted it straight to the trailer getting rid of that plastic holder, it's also not as wide now.

3. Throttle would fall back when I let off it, I took the cover off and tightened it.

4. Bilge pump isn't getting power. I need to look into that.

5. Previous owner told me that the running lights didn't work. I tried them and they worked for me. I put a little di-eletric grease on the prongs with a q-tip.

He wanted $9500 and I ended up getting it for $8000. I think I made a good deal on it. Heres a few more pics.

Notice the foot, hardly any scratches. Boat was barely used.