View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

I have a lot of experience with the Dodge 3/4 ton trucks. My favorite is my current rig (2005 Dodge Power Wagon) which I do everything with from rock crawling in NC to going to competing in local truck and tractor pulls. She is by far the best Veh I have ever owned and hopefully will be my last. Depending on how I drive depends on the fuel mileage, towing my 20' Tidewater I get 11 MPG and 14MPG when going back and forth to work taking it easy.

She has everything you need straight from the dealer: winch, lockers front and rear, and disconnecting sway bar.

This is the only truck I have ever owned that has not left me out to dry waiting on someone else to help me out of a sticky situation.

The only modifications I have done to this truck is I got a smoother suspension (Not taller) better rubber to handle all conditions, SCT programmer, and my signature bumpers (I made myself) and snorkel.

I have owned the Ford and have been issued the Chevy at work and anyone that tries to compare the three will notice that there is no comparison as Chevy and Ford do not offer anything in its class. I am not dogging the other trucks out, I am just stating what I know and what everyone who has driven a Power Wagon knows.

Not sure what you're needing from your rig, but if it is anything and everything then I would at least find a Power Wagon and take her for a test drive. I would also add this. Try and find an 05 to 09 PW as they come with the 4:56:1 gears and a better body style for off roading where the new PWs have standard 4:11:1 gears that drastically reduce your ability to off road BUT increases your fuel mileage.