View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 12:34 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
We ahd a very hard winter hard freezes snow twice and sadly our nanners and a citrus tree or 2 froze to the ground. Hard to think about warning even though its been warm for a couple weeks when winter is so hard it freezes 10 year old trees. Some times warm sometimes cold and life goes on maybe we can grow nanners every year if it warms or apple trees if it cools off. global warming?? coming of the overdue ice age?? aint gonna worry bout it and try to get by.

My little trees took a beating with the freeze. I cut back all of the dead spots and now my trees are little nubs. Only 1 fig and 1 loquat are growing new leaves as of now. I'm uncertain if I should start replacing them or fertilize them and give them a few months to see if they recover. All I know is I need to reevaluate my freeze protection methods. Pipe insulation on the trunks obviously wasn't sufficient. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
[emoji106]

The funny thing to me has always been all this push against greenhouse gases and emissions, yet we have concrete and steel jungles covering the planet. People want to blame others for the environment, all while sitting in their cozy high-rise apartments in big cities, acting as if they aren't contributing to the issues.

You can't turn large areas of the planet into largely vegetation-less deserts and think it doesn't affect the climate. There's a reason the leaves start turning later in Central Park than other parts of New York.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

But that doesn't fit the agenda, so get outta here with all that logic!