View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
I see duck butters point and agree with a lot he said. I'm not saying they are a horrible organization like some on this site. I just don't know how I feel about "supporting" them anymore. I have been at cca meeting n the past where certain people's questions were ignored. To be honest, I probably would have ignored their question to. It would be a lot nicer than the answer their question deserved. I've asked W before if he thought CCA was so bad, what could I do with the money I was giving them. Is there another organization, in his opinion, where my money would be better spent. I'm still waiting on an answer. There is no perfect organization, for profit or not for profit. And I do think CCA does some positive things. That's why I don't think I mind them getting a little of my money so I could possibly benefit from the tourney.
There was that one organization whose entire mission was to get rid of CCA. They were saying all CCA did was put on fishing tournaments. Their response was to start their own tournament called the Galaxy or something pretty unoriginal.

There are other nonprofits that all work for the betterment of coastal Louisiana but none of them can combat coastal erosion by themselves and none would want to take on the oyster industry. we as sportsmen can't even all get on the same page. Bring up he word "diversion" and some people in SELA come out the woodwork. . Some of the things that people think CCA should be doing are a bit out there. They are not perfect by any means but a perfect organization does not exist