View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 08:06 AM
Redfish

Cash: 676
Default The great engine debate part 2

I posted the paragraph below several months ago about needing to repower my little boat, with all the comments I got about tohatsu outboards I will more than likely go that route. Farting around on the tohatsu website i see that the four strokes and two strokes weigh the same, in that case is there any advantage going one way or the other. gear ratio in the 4 stroke is 2.08 and the 2 stroke is 1.85, other than having to go with a different prop because of that are there any advantages?

Its time to repower le bateau, I have a 16x48 semi-v alweld with an omc 40hp tiller handle, with power trim and elec start. I'm wanting to repower with a 40hp to be able to go into the lacassine pool, and i want to keep power trim and elec start. I'm a yamaha man and have been looking for my unicorn, a steering motor that was converted to tiller to keep power trim, yamaha doesnt come with power trim in a tiller. Since my search has been going on for a while now I'm beginning to think of other brands that could suit my needs. I looked into the E-tech's but they are significantly heavier than the yamaha. I also looked into the suzuki, and on paper it looks pretty awesome with a bigger displacement and similar weight to yamaha, but you don't see anyone around here running small suzuki's. I WILL NOT PUT A MERCURY ON MY BOAT. So the big thing about this post is I am looking for input from people that have experience with the three motors, evinrude e-tech, yamaha 4 stroke fuel injected, or the suzuki 4 stroke fuel injected.