View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 12:35 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
I don't see why they can't generator to lower levels. Im sure a lot has to do with ppl that live/have camps on the lake want their little ditch to have water so they can have "waterfront" property and could care less about the lives affected down stream. I understand its not a flood control structure but seems like they could figure something out. They sure don't mind dropping levels when they need to work on a generator or the dam. It has 0 effect on me at all I just feel there could be a way to regulate it better.
At levels lower than 168 you start to get below launches. you can't get boats in the water. And yes people who pay for waterfront property no longer have waterfront property which isn't fair to them either. I don't know the answer but i went yesterday and pulled all the dates off of NOAA websites for historical crest of rivers around sabine river. 99% of the rivers around Sabine was flooded at the same time since record keeping started. So that tells me that regardless of what has happened with toledo bend, They are not the ones flooding the sabine river mother nature is. I agree it can be done better. But if you live close to a body of water that is the price you pay. SRA is just the scapegoat IMO. if it wasn't there these people would still flood the same.