View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 11:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I came back for an update to my issue.

as of 5/18/15 GM agreed to and has been ordered by the judge in writing as part of the settlement to buy back my truck at full cost plus all insurance premiums, sales taxes, and trade in value, in short, im made completely whole by this decission.

for those who missed it I went through BBB and the GM rep which was a joke and a waste of time then I finally skipped arbitration upon the advice of my lawyer who said it would only give then a preview of your argument when then denied you at arbitration and forced you to get a lawyer anyway. now arbitration will work if you want another replacement truck but if you want your money back then the arbitration person will just tell you to go take a hike.

so to wrap up:

I bought my truck in 8/27/14 and had the bad vibration they couldn't fix and wasted two months with BBB and GM rep until finally in november I had to get a lawyer and file lemon law in civil court and here I am 6 months later finally with a resolution due in no small part to the youtube video I made that GM did not want shown to a jury in open court not to mention they had to convince the jury nothing was wrong with my truck and as soon as they saw the video there was no way they would buy GMs claim there was nothing wrong with the truck.

if you are interested the video is here: https://www.youtube....h?v=ppSl0D3AQm8

I pray no one else has to go through this but sadly there are thousands of people who bought lemons just like me and most just trade them in tby aking $8k-$10k in lost value to do it just to avoid fighting with GM about this.
I must have not read your last update before my previous post.

It sounds like aside from all of the headache you went through it turned out pretty sweet for you! You basically got to drive around a brand new truck, albeit one that shook at highway speeds, for 6 months at no cost you.

It would serve your dealership right if you paid a few bucks and took out a section in the local newspaper for a week and printed your story similar to the way you did here on saltyCajun with the name of the dealer and the names of the employees who tried to shafts you..

Also, the link you posted does not work. I would not be surprised if GM had it taken down. it may just be a typo though.