View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
I've been shooting Benelli's since I was in high school(15 + years). I have M1, SBE, SBE2, and Super Vinci. To be honest, I am about fed up with Benelli. I bought the Super Vinci 2 years ago. It's a POS. It jams all the time, sometimes it stays stuck on "fire" for extended periods of time then just decides to start going back to safety again. That's safe!! Bad feeling to have when you draw a $2000 shotgun and you're praying that it will just shoot!! I will say I didn't have near as many problems with my previous Benelli's but they all will jam a good bit if you don't keep them clean. If I was buying a new shotgun today, it would be the Beretta A400 without a doubt.
I have the vinci. This is my 4th year on it? Maybe 3rd. Have never had a problem wit it until this year. Would shoot first shell fine and click on second shot. This was mainly with cheap federal shells. I've wiped the gun down over the last few seasons but never completely disassembled. This year my safety also started getting hard to function like you said. So I broke the gun down a few weeks ago all the way. I was amazed at the gunk that had built up underneath and in the trigger assembly. I had to scrape it off and then flushed out with degreaser. Put a light coat of oil on it and reassembled. Have not had one malfunction since then. It was so bad that my shell lifter on the bottom was getting stuck. Works like the day I bought it now. I too was starting to get frustrated.