View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Redfish

Cash: 2,437
Default get the facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
all joking aside my buddy( a offshore guide/comercial fisherman, blue water tourney angler) brought his big boat to venice last year ....local guides got pissed cuz he was smoking em lettin huge catches hit the cleaning tables at venice marina ....needless to say he got suckerpunched / jumped on the docks.

Im going to guess that you only know about 10% of that story? Do you know that part about how they were catching (out of Venice) and bringing to Venice, tens of thousands of pounds of amberjack while comercial fishing in Louisiana waters? If they want to rape the waters, let them stay in Florida! It was such a big deal that Venice Marina banned the boat from docking there! Doubt we see that boat this year!

As for the part of them taking us to school..... This is Venice Captains that we are talking about.........not really known for NOT catching fish!! Did he have some good trips? Hell yeah he did! Let me spend three days in the Green Canyon and I will give you a hell of a rack of fish too!! If you can compare his 3 day trips to the green canyon to one of our day trips, ok ! Go ahead!