View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

Mostly fairing lately on the boat. Not too much to show, but we get the top wrap around bench installed, we are going to have to cut out a few hatches. On the left I'm planning on putting all the life jackets and then up front under that one the inflatable life raft. We need two, one will be in the box on the bow, but the other one is in a bag.

And just being honest, I'm not 100 percent happy with how the electronics console looks. I like the idea of having a ton of space to mount everything, but it would have been prettier if I made it less wide and put it in the middle. But then it would be harder to do the cables and stuff. I stuck it on the right side, and then I'm going to make a huge area to put cables in going down to the motors and batteries so that it's easy to replace stuff quickly. If it was a low use private boat I would do it different, but I know there will be days when its dark and raining and I have to change a cable, so I want it to be easy to fix. Hopefully with everything mounted it'll look a little smaller. It's just a lot of blank space now.

If nothing else I took out several hundred pounds. Also with all the benches and everything being one piece, there are no more screws to rot the floor with. Not one screw is being used upstairs now, and everything I put in is foam and very light...