View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
I still don't understand why you can't bait for ducks...especially since there's a limit on them. To me 6 ducks is 6 ducks no matter how you kill them or how you get them to you, you can only kill 6! I could see if there was no limit on them then I would agree with no baiting.

Think about this......not every duck hunter shoots a limit every time they go hunting. If Duck hunter were allow to bait......they probably would kill more more ducks.....limits would be killed more often. They would probably go hunting more often. They probably would bring more friends hunting and they would kill more ducks.

Do you see where this is going........a lot more duck would be killed. If people were killing way more duck.....soon there would be fewer ducks.

With fewer ducks..........the limits would have to be lowered to keep hunters from killing too many ducks.

Why the "Limit" is set where it is......... A hunting limit [either ducks or deer or anything] is set by the LDWF with the expectation of an estimated kill. If the expected kill [or some other major change happens] is altered.....then the limit may need to be changed.

I see people "gripe" about not being able to kill several deer or their whole limit in one day. After all, there is a limit. Allowing this could/would alter that total expected kill number.