View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 06:10 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
And how is "being ready to face consequences" consistent with the presumption of innocence promised by the Constitution?

Those sucking from the government teat have made it obvious that the government has abandoned the "presumption of innocence" with respect to their precious black bears.
When did I say anything about innocence? I didn't. But as I said, its easy to claim self defense in any wildlife shooting. Are they supposed to believe every instance of that? I'm not saying they should or shouldn't, but its easy to justify a killing by saying it was in self defense.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to defend yourself. The point I'm making is be smart, don't put yourself in a bad situation. The bears are protected by law, and I don't recall an exception for self defense.

I tend to agree and carry myself as someone said earlier. When you are in the woods, you are in their home. Carry yourself accordingly, and in most cases, you should be fine. I spend a good bit of my time outdoors, whether for work or pleasure, and I do not have very many close encounters with any animal, because I carry myself accordingly.