View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 11:06 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
I'm not a loser I'm trying to gain. I'm 39 and since 10th grade I have weighed 155lbs. I have always been lean. Over the last few weeks I have been hitting the weights hard. I would normally eat 1500/2000 calories a day. Lately I have been trying to stuff down 3000/3500 calories a day. Good food not junk. That's a lot of food. My appetite has grown but I am still having to force those last few bites. Not saying I know how it is to be used to eating more then trying to eat less but being used to eating less then trying to eat more sucks too.
Boss, do not worry about how much you eat. Eat what you can and DO NOT over eat as it will not help out anyway. I would also add, make sure you eat at least 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per lean body weight. That is the key along with the other calories that you need as well. I have been lucky and had a larger frame to begin with, but what put me over the edge and hitting my goals was a high protein LOW Carb diet (eating the right calories at the right time of the day). There is more to it, but those are the key ingredients to putting on muscle quickly.

You noticed I did not talk about your workout routine. That is because as long as you're hitting the weights hard and pushing yourself to its limit that is all you need to do for working out.

Weight gain is 70% diet, 30% workout routine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me.jpg (38.5 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg me1.jpg (70.3 KB, 181 views)