Thread: Shrimp Story
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:07 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
I have an extremely quirky redneck uncle who is very obsessive compulsive. He does everything on a schedule and has to plan everything. If his schedule is broken or something doesn't fall into place like it should he gets all out of whack. Even the food he eats each week is on a schedule. We always try to throw little kinks in his plans to mess him up. He is so set in his ways that he will not fish with any other guides and he will not fish in my boat to catch reds to save his life. He goes fishing every year with the same guide to go catch redfish, he wants nothing to do with trout. The guide takes him and whomever into the marsh and they catch their 20 reds and never get 2 miles from the boat ramp. The guide loves him because he is back at the ramp early, never has to burn gas, etc. He was to go fishing as he does every year down to Golden Meadow but Hurricane Isaac messed up the dates and the guide had to rearrange. He couples this trip with picking up 50 lbs of shrimp to bring home. He is out of whack, and asked me if I was going down to Grand Isle anytime soon because he is out of shrimp. He cooks his shrimp on a schedule you see, so if he runs out it is going to be bad Last year he was bragging about his 'fresh' shrimp he got, and I told him that they looked like IQF and explained that to him but he didn't believe me. He goes back to the shrimp person and they tell him they were quick frozen and it was like someone shot his dog or something. He says he doesn't want to make a special trip down there because its hunting season. I tell him that Delcambre is about 20 minutes from me and you can buy shrimp right off the boat. He asks where they come from and I say Vermilion Bay and he says those are not the same I say they are all white shrimp that come right from the same Gulf of Mexico, but he will not accept this. I do have to go to Grand Isle, but I am not getting him any shrimp from there. This is a huge decision for this guy. He has to decide whether he is going to miss a weekend of hunting to make a trip to get shrimp, or get the lowly VBay shrimp from me! He will spend $100 on gas to get $150 worth of shrimp. I also told him they will pack em and ship em right to his door but he is skeptical. I know cool story, but he will literally be completely out of whack all week thinking about this decision.
Bad news, your uncle is phsyco and needs to be on meds! His life must suck!