Thread: Shrimp Story
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Ya'll want to hear a shrimp story?

Well here's one anyway.

I was in the Hospital staying with my PawPaw one night. It was about 3 AM and I heard NEG, NEG, NEG..... so I jump out from my sleep and I say whats wrong Paw Paw.... he said "I ever told you about the time I had Nonc MaMan deck handin on the Miss Marie with me?"

I said "no Paw what happened!"

He said "we were out shrimpin one night off the beaches catching some nice shrimp, doin real good. We had just picked up and cleaned up and put back over and I told Nonc MaMan to hold the wheel I was going to go lay down for a nap. he told me he really didn't know where he was going, So I said MaMan just follow that boat right there that's Tib (his brother), he knows where he's going.....wake me up in 45 minutes. So I went lay down and Nonc MaMan he never he woke me up I woke up on my own about 2 hours later. I woke up and I look at the ropes and the ropes are almost straight down. I said MaMan what the hell you doing I told ya to follow Tib and his boat light, Nonc MaMan sais Mais I am following the light look its right there....... So my PawPaw looked out the window to see that MaMan was following a ship into the shipping lanes"

My PawPaw told me he didn't have a depth finder at the time but he had 400' of rope and they were almost straight down. The stories that man could tell would have you laughing so hard you would cry.

He also told me one time they were shrimping around Venice by the mouth of one the cuts. Something happened and he fell overboard and no one noticed, he some kind of way made it to the ropes pulling the trawl and pulled his way all the way back to the boat. He said that was scardest he had ever been in his life and he served in two wars.