View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763
Arrow A very different boat question

I have owned a couple camps. The first one was built on styrofoam the second on pontoons. Both had pluses and minuses. I sold the last one because it was to small and a PITA to move. My wife didn't like to go there either because it was pretty rustic(no plumbing). My good friend has a Gibson house boat and Brianna enjoys using that. In fact we have talked about buying a nice self propelled houseboat that we could cruise/camp in and I could park at the Delta for hunting season. For the last few months I've been studying up on the pros and cons of houseboats. I'd pretty much decided on buying a Alum hull wide body with either a I/O or a outboard and have been searching the internet for the right deal. No problem right.........

Well while shopping I've been seeing LOTS of older/vintage sport fishers. And now I'm wondering. Would it make sense instead of buying a houseboat for 60 to 80k maybe I could get a 35'+ flybridge instead? I've found a bunch that are way cheaper than any houseboat I've seen and not only could I do the stuff with it like I've planned I could also use it to fish offshore!

Any opinions out there? Why should or shouldn't I do this?