View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 08:50 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

Not too much to show, we bolted the hull together and then tried to kind of sort of level it just to see what we have. Starting to look like a boat, but bolting it together is not the hard part.

And then we bought a bunch of wood to level the thing out. It has to be 100 percent supported from the bottom, right now we have ropes hanging off of the ceiling holding it up. We are going to put wood in front too where the bow flare is, so we can adjust that and make it look right. Here's around wood we got.

The problem that I'm seeing, is I don't want to change the deadrise in the back. The original boat rode well and raised fish well, and I want to keep that. So, right now I have a bunch of people in different areas of Costa Rica looking for the original boat. Then I will measure the corners in the back, to make sure the boat we are making has the same dead rise. There are a couple of other things I need to measure too, like how far apart the engines are, how far apart the stringers are, how many stringers, where the major bulkheads are, how far forward the motors go from the transom. Just a bunch of measurements that are super important. I might be posting pictures of a road trip early next week if I can find the boat...