View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
And for the record, in no way do i expect to go out and smash limits of specks on a regular basis out of this blind. But i like calling them and i like killing them so I just would like to know how to put myself in the best situation to do so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Over the last 10 years I have had the pleasure to hunt some great land and I have been very fortunate to have had many great hunts, I guess about 3 years ago I picked up a crawfish pond for what the farmer said was strictly ducks I had a goose pit so i figured if I could get a few ducks down that would be a added bonus. Well opening morning of duck I hunted that blind killed 11 ducks but limited out 4 guys with specks, and it only went up from there. We ended up having a bang up year with specks in a field everyone told me I might shoot 5 specks all year. Now I having said that you must know a lot of factors came into place.

1) location was good we had a good morning and afternoon speck flight
2) blind concealment was key and played a huge roll in our success with the specks
3) calling, now I am by no means a great call, I am average and I am able to kill birds day in day out, but knowing how the calling differed when hunting over water to when I was hunting dry field was huge
4) decoy placement. Like I explained earlier have the battle is tricking the birds. just because you have deep water does not mean the specks no its deep water.

This blind could be better then you expect, Just remember to be ready for anything.

As far as snow decoys thats just one more thing you'll have to do and based upon that is why I never set them out.