View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I really do wish that every parent here could meet this man. He's such a stand-up guy, yet so humble even before his son's illness and, untimely passing.

I remember when his son was ill, he came through the shop several times and, each time, the man looked more worn down. Somehow though, he managed to handle his work and, lived his life in the hospital. I found out yesterday, he did it through his faith. His faith that God had a plan. He did confide that, at one point, he thought to himself that if God allowed his son to die, he didn't know if he could continue to be on the side of the Lord. He now says that, even in his son's passing, his devotion grew stronger.

I have to admit that I was worried about what I would encounter with this man yesterday. I just didn't know what his mindset would be. I was humbled and proud to tears as he shared his story with me. Man, oh man, hug those kids! I still get teary-eyed thinking about the message he shared with me!

The passing of his son taught me something. I hope it teaches and, inspires many more!