View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 04:30 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 5-6-18 surf trip

got off work this am and headed for johnsons bayou. When I rounded the curve I was like looks flat but don't think its clear. but its still dark so cant tell. get to my spot grab flashlight and walked out. when I got to my knee deep in water and could see bottom perfect I was like o yea . fished first hour and half and only had one trout. made a move west to some rocks and every cast was a 16"-!8" red! After boxing my limit I caught 15-20 more easily. they put a hurtin on my live shrimp supply so moved again in search of trout. next 2 hours or more not even a bite. so went back to see if reds were still thereand sure enough right wherfe I left em biting I caught 8-10 more and almost out of shrimp but not before boxing a nice fat trout after moving west 40-50 yards. threw plastic, topwater, hard baits and could not get em to hit. threw cast net and got a dozen or so shad. quickly picked up 7 more fat trout before running out of pogies now. have to go back tp work and almost one pm so called it and headed north for LC. Boxed 8 fat trout, 5 16"-18" reds just right for eating and one nice bonus flounder. did not want to leave I wanted more trout those were fun. I did not retie after those last reds I caught and paid for it bigtime losing a really nice trout that came straight to top of water and just about had it turned and broke line. I knew as soon as it happened cause I felt the frayed line between the hook and slip shot weight but didn't expect to get in nice trout . wish our surf stayed clean like this. fun fishing for sure