View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
There are rocks that run parallel with the beach starting on the east end and going west about a mile or so. Another good place to try is the elmers island beach especially the first 200-300 yds west of the pass and the beach inside the pass. Also the rocks all the way on the west side of the island. You can catch all along the beach though. Early in the morning I like to make a few casts standing on the beach and throwing out or walk to the first sandbar and throw back towards the beach. The fish run along in the troughs between the sandbars. I like to use a floating fish basket like this
Attachment 89488
Instead of a stringer so your fish don't get stolen by Dolphins or sharks while you are out there. It's not a good feeling when something starts tugging on your stringer lol.
Good advice from Meaux about GI.
Seen a about a 5 foot bull shark in surf yesterday on 2nd sandbar as i was getting out. Always have used a Do-net for wading and it's is also good as a flotation device. Rocks at eastern end of State Park by the pass can be a good spot as well but currents can be dangerous there. good luck.