Thread: Car Insurance
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Flounder

Cash: 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
It's been a while since i posted on here, but I happen to sell insurance so i thought i would provide you with some insight on this.

Louisiana certainly has issues with uninsured and even moreso - Underinsured drivers. (The reasons for this are varied, but i agree with you, ,and 100% agree that it needs to be addressed)

As an option to you and others to avoid out of pocket expenses and / or losses in which you are not at fault, Louisiana is one of the few states that allows insurance companies to offer UM / UIM PD coverage.

uninsured motorist property damage coverage pays for damage to your vehicle when it is struck by an uninsured driver, a hit-and-run driver, or an insured driver whose property damage liability limit is inadequate to cover the property damage losses incurred. This coverage can be added to any policy that does not have collision coverage on it, and with most companies it typically offers 25K of coverage with a 250$ deductible. Generally speaking these are relatively low cost additions to your current automobile policy (in example i personally pay 43$ total for 6 months (7/month) to add this to my policy.

I am not really thrilled that this basically means you get to pay more money in insurance, because some other person is being irresponsible.

But i guess it's a "That's how the cookie crumble's" kind of situation.

Best Regards,
Ace
Great point on the under insured part of your post. My wife takes multiple depositions each week on those situations. Like you, it caused us to increase our own coverage. Also, as I'm sure you know there are plenty of people out there looking to get into minor accidents so they can get mandatory minimums from insurance companies. It's a way of life for more people than most can imagine.