Thread: 1911 Peeps
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 11:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 997

1911 in my opinion ...

I've shot them in 10mm, .22 lr, .45, and .38 super

Modularity: ... is matched by none.

Just about every aftermarket holster, sight, magazine, spring, barrel co. caters to 1911 in their line up. Some of my favs are ...Wilson Combat, Chip McCormick, Ed Brown, Videki, Infinity, Les Bear ect. ect. ... After a couple gin and tonics and on my iPhone I'm probably missing a few.

You can go personalized as your wallet or dreams will allow.

Function: ... reliability is as good as it gets if it's configured correctly.

Safe!: ... It has 3 safeties ! Main rear, hammer, and thumb.

Accuracy: ... it can be tuned with the best of them if not THE best when you fit the lock up, barrel link, slide to frame, and barrel bushing ( of corse you need a good barrel that likes to shoot ... One made on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday LoL). Every now and then regardless of brand or model one comes right out the box that just shoots ... Well ... Makes you look good for a handgun shooter LoL !

To me it's just what a hand gun is supposed to be. Time has proven that. Polymer companies have made good points and left their mark as of recent in some areas but they lack the stamina. If my great grand kids are talking about the original Glocks in 100 + years then they need to tip their hat to them as well then. For now we have the 1911.

Last edited by jpd0144; 03-23-2016 at 12:17 AM.