Thread: Bl rant
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 05:03 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671
Default Bl rant

Talked to warden yesterday doing fish count survey we had 12 trout and few reds.. Had a discussion about why the lake sucked so bad and Sabine is doing good.. Identical lake system only difference was weirs, washout area and oyster rapers...warden claims that the washout 9 mile area bn washed out is letting lot of sediment in lake covering reefs etc that use to be filtered.... Also admits that the use of dredging is killing the reefs when u tong only it is actually beneficial to the reef helps reseed it... On the east side of state where they oyster w permits they have to reseed after they dredge it... Third the weirs and warden agreed w me on that topic less bait flow but u ain't winning that battle.. So I'm asking cca to stand up and fight for tonging only and rock off the areas of the channel washing out and just leave small openings....there is 4 times the amount of bait at Sabine then there is bl right now... This lake is goin downhill and it needs to be done.. Yes we still have days we smoke em but patterns are way less consistent than In the past...so call cca and ask them to help out maybe they'll do something other than build a reef in the middle of nowhere that u can only fish a a handful of times a yr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk