View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Flounder

Cash: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat killer 86 View Post
Water hiacinth is some crap!! But we use Diquat if we spray from the boat. If I spray from the plane I use generic roundup. 1 gallon to the acre. Works great and not to expensive. Spray no more than2 times a year. Any more than that then you start having other plant invasive species such as salvania and pickerel weed start to magnify. This is just what we have learned and do in our marsh. It changes from time to time but I know everyone is going to have their different solutions.

Biggest thing is to stay on top of it year after year. If you miss a year it may not hurt. But anymore than two years and it's harder to get back. Best time to spray is in late July. You can kill it and shouldn't have any serious growth for the rest of the year because he growing season ends in September.

Thanks for the info, we seem to already have the pickerel weed, sprayed that as well obviously. I've been using 2-4-d, any reason you don't use this product instead of the roundup or diquat? Do you have ditches and canals into ponds boomed off? Was thinking I need to put in 4x4's, rope/boom to prevent new stuff from coming in with tides. I assume yall are tidal too? It seems I have it made with round shaped/non broken ponds, but some of the ponds that are mostly broken marsh, with scattered islands and acres big it can be overwhelming spraying such a large area.