View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 12:27 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmk07c View Post
Thanks for the info, we seem to already have the pickerel weed, sprayed that as well obviously. I've been using 2-4-d, any reason you don't usethis product instead of the roundup or diquat? Do you have ditches and canals into ponds boomed off? Was thinking I need to put in 4x4's, rope/boom to prevent new stuff from coming in with tides. I assume yall are tidal too? It seems I have it made with round shaped/non broken ponds, but some of the ponds that are mostly broken marsh, with scattered islands and acres big it can be overwhelming spraying such a large area.
We are not tidal. We are an impoundment but we have it all. This year I didn't use 2-4D because I made some phone calls to Rockefeller and talked to "The Man" and he said by using straight roundup is better. If you mix the 2 then you get to a point where one fight the other and only one chemical kills the plant. Then you have waisted money on chemical that didn't do anything. Make sense?
So we went extra heavy and it did a jam up job. Smoked everything. No complaints.

I'm not sure exactly how your stuff is but all you can do is spray and nick it back. Sounds like the tidal waters move your grass around a lot. Just kill what you can and keep at it.