View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 06:53 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
I'm sure the state government and CCA are on it. They'll rebuild, protect and post all private marsh. Now, looking at this without blinders, I wasn't pinpointing concrete reefs. It was a blanket statement to the fact that cca Texas and the Texas government work together to protect the natural resources for all to enjoy. Not just the select few with deep pockets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Well, looking at this without blinders, Texas does not have the same coastal issues that we do. So, I'm ok with money going into restoring private marsh if it means billions of dollars of infrastructure is protected.

Marsh isn't all about fish, shrimp, and crabs.

And considering CCA Louisiana doesn't actually give a rats *** about anything other than fish, shrimp, and crabs, I don't really see them working with CPRA much on this, considering CPRA is mainly concerned with maintaining a viable coastline and coastal marshes, regardless of the benefit to wildlife and fisheries.

You're looking at this all wrong. Texas is using that BP money on marine fish habitat. Louisiana is intent on using it on marsh restoration and shoreline protection projects. Texas has the luxury of using money to build habitat. We don't.

So take the blinders off. Maybe if the coastal marsh wasn't privately owned, you wouldn't be whining about "the select few with deep pockets". But those "select few" hold the keys to the future of places like Lake Charles, Kaplan, Morgan City, etc. You lose that private marsh, and Lake Charles will be surrounded by a levee and Big Lake part of the Gulf of Mexico in 50 years.

How does that sound to you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk