View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

I have a .444. I have shot a 45-70 before and I think the .444 has less recoil. The 444 shoot a 265 grain bullet and the 45-70 well over 300 grains. More grains equals more recoil, all things being equal. Regardless, you are welcome to shoot mine before you purchase if you like. I live in Deridder. I shoot the Hornady Revolutions and my rifle is amazingly accurate. I can easily hit an eight inch plate at 200 yards (I aim just at the top of the plate). Regarding scopes, you may not like the Nikons. I don't care for them. They are bright but they have a relatively short field of view and tend to look like you are looking through a tube. I recently bought a Redfield Revolution and compared it to my Leupold right at dusk. I was very suprised - I hate to admit it but the Refield was brighter. They are very fine scopes for the money (and are actually made at the Leupold plant in Oregon). Good luck and if you want to shoot my .444 you are more than welcome to take it to a range and have at it.