View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Flounder

Cash: 744
Default Planning a trip to Holly Beach area.

I am hoping I get a chance to get down to the Holly Beach area next weekend to do a bit of fishing. Usually go to Contraband Days every year, but it has steadily gotten worse every year, so I am gonna skip it this year and use that money to go fishing.

Its been at least 15 years since I have been down there, so I am not familiar with the area at all. I plan to make a weekend of it so I will need a place to stay. I dont have a camper or RV so I am looking for a cabin, room, bungalow, RV, something like that. Anyone know of any good reasonably priced places. I dont see me paying over 100 bucks a night, but I will if I have to. Ive grabbed a few places off the internet and will do some calling around, just wanted to see what the fine folks here had to say about any of em.

Also, how about bait/tackle shops? There isnt really anywhere up here to buy the stuff I need. And besides that, I like shopping. LOL. I have some stuff, but would like to look around down there.

Finally.. Any tips to a few good fishing spots in that area? Im not asking for anyones honey holes, just some good spots. I would hate to come back empty handed. I dont have a boat so I will be fishing from the bank.

Thanks folks. Any help will be appreciated.