Thread: CCA Star
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
All of U are Delusional if you think Raising the Redfish limit will save the Crab pop..

Where is the science?? Lawlf biologist have got the data... I was at a earlier commission meeting... When the biologist spoke and showed the harvest data..

# 1 select crabs are being flown out of this state by the 100's of thousand of #'s a day to the Chesapeake Bay area...

And Crabber's are running 1500-3000 Traps in the water in Verm Bay alone.. Multiple that X 100 crabbers on Verm. Bay alone... Then go state wide...

Restaurants are selling boiled crabs 5-$6 for a regular male crab... 11-$13 a piece for Jumbo's...

Thats about on par with the Commerical Red Snap fisherman saying me catching 2 RS is ruining the fishery...
It was just one person talking about the crab population.

I'm more so concerned with the neglect everything on the west part of the state has encountered since "CCA" pledged to help the Gulf Coast. Also to relocate shrimp shares is bull**** to me. Honestly how many times a year does a average person shrimp? I maybe go twice a year if I hit them in grand Isle at the right time. They just continue to "do good" when all they are consumed about is money in there pocket. But I can't blame them for that, they are politicians at heart after all. If they would spend as much data on ****ing snapper as they have done on crabs we would be able to fish snapper a heeluva lot more and keep more. They have the power to fight the feds they just choose not to.