Thread: What Gives
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 01:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfreak View Post
As I read the few teal reports it brings up an issue that grinds my gears a bit. I would like everyone's opinion on this; Why is it that some, not all duck hunters gauge a successful hunt based on the time they killed a limit by? I can't understand why someone would consider a hunt as being slow if a limit wasn't killed by 8:00 am., and if limit comes up short by 3-4 birds, OMG it was horrible, are these hunters really that spoiled? Doesn't anyone just enjoy being able to hunt and enjoy the outdoors anymore. Not wanting to start any arguments, just trying to get opinions.
This is why i try not to fish w/ a guide . Some go out and catch limits by 7:30 -8:30 and they are done . i know there job is to put me on a limit of fish but the last guide i fished w/ fished 2 hrs we caught a limit and he was headed for the dock . not did we want to try for other species not do y'all want to see some of the area . he was cleaning fish by 8 am. $600 just seems a bit steep for 2 hrs of his time. I would rather spend a full day catching a few here and there w/ good company and enjoying Gods outdoors than 25 trout in 30 cast any day.