Thread: Speck Calls
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
It's no different than anything else. Good fishing equipment. Good hunting equipment. Good farm equipment.

Yes, you can catch fish with a zebco on an ugly stik. But you can catch fish more effectively and more efficiently using better, more technical equipment. Yes, you can kill just as many ducks or geese wearing a $50 hunting coat you bought from Wal mart. But spending the extra money on the nicer clothes are going to allow you to stay warmer and dryer easier and allow you to enjoy your time better and focus more on the hunt than trying to be comfortable.

The saying "you get what you pay for" didn't come about for no reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No doubt. Adapt or die. Or in this case, Adapt or watch the guy in the field next to you kill.

Like John said, this mentality isn't uncommon in our line of hobbies (hunting / fishing etc.)

Another good example was when the Alabama-rig came about in the bass fishing world.

If you don't want to use it or think you should be doing what you've had success with in the past, go for it. Just don't hate on others who are trying to continue their learning and not settle for moderate success when they find something new and start crushing.

I just try to remember this when getting opinions/tips from others. If someone is so set on a technique or whatever that they have convinced themselves (and are trying to convince you) that their way is the ONLY or BEST possible way to do this, weather it be hunting or fishing, take it with a grain of salt. Because odds are, that guy has topped out or peaked as far as continuing to learn and become better at whatever it is he does.

Of course there will be constants that are true (geese tend to flare off mojos etc.), but you'll know when you find the guys I speak of.

Just agree with them. That's all you can do.