Thread: Speck Calls
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth View Post
No doubt. Adapt or die. Or in this case, Adapt or watch the guy in the field next to you kill.

Like John said, this mentality isn't uncommon in our line of hobbies (hunting / fishing etc.)

Another good example was when the Alabama-rig came about in the bass fishing world.

If you don't want to use it or think you should be doing what you've had success with in the past, go for it. Just don't hate on others who are trying to continue their learning and not settle for moderate success when they find something new and start crushing.

I just try to remember this when getting opinions/tips from others. If someone is so set on a technique or whatever that they have convinced themselves (and are trying to convince you) that their way is the ONLY or BEST possible way to do this, weather it be hunting or fishing, take it with a grain of salt. Because odds are, that guy has topped out or peaked as far as continuing to learn and become better at whatever it is he does.

Of course there will be constants that are true (geese tend to flare off mojos etc.), but you'll know when you find the guys I speak of.

Just agree with them. That's all you can do.
I agree 100%. Great way of putting it. That's why no matter how good I think I am I will be the first to hop in a blind with someone else. Because they may have something that works better or found a easier way to do something. Never being set and stone on a techineque and you'll learn more then you could possible comprehend.