View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007
Default -

It does help promote growth of reefs and ur right it prob does work out in a larger area, but having 70 oyster boats dragging chains and wire baskets within a mile radius Leaving Absoltuly Nothing behind is sickening all I'm saying

QUOTE=Finfeatherfur;229099]Ughhhh! it is just like the dog hunting debate! Some people can not put personal feelings aside to see the truth and will only believe what they want to think is true because of what they percieve.

You obviously have not been to the real oyster grounds of south LA from Dularge down to Lafite. If you would spend anytime at all down there you would understand. Big Lake is a very small estuary compared to those areas with as many or more sport fisherman. Thus, a whole different problem occurs - fishing pressure. The fishing around Dularge, where my dad has a camp is fantastic, and we have a ton of oyster boats. Now, I hate them for a different reason, but you obviously know nothing about oyster harvesting, and your statement is funny![/QUOTE]