View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWideSportsman87 View Post
Cool
Thanks for the info
I looked on google earth and there is another weir between hog bayou and fearman bayou not far from the point. Know anything about that one?

Yeap.. That's Prien Bayou.. WLF Refuge Crews Just finished removing old weir and installed a new weir back 100ft or so in the canal.. Surrounding land around entrance has washed away... Weir was washing out.. So they moved it... It's a very small canal... U may be able to catch some bait there.. I was at Hog bayou 2 weeks ago.. Lots of live bait there on an outgoing tide... Don't bother trying to crab if water is coming in over weir... I find crabbing poor there if it's coming in... Plus I cant keep a crabline down unless it's weighed.

If tide is up?? I can get my 24' Triton in there.. But I know where to pass. I've been going there for 40 yrs.

I fished yesterday afternoon at T butte.. Water was passable... Not a bite.. Went offshore to Tiger Shoals.. Water was very nice.. Not one bite either after fishing 4-5 wellheads.. Fishing from 2-4:30.. It started breezing up to 2-3 fters.. Came on in...

Last edited by biggun; 05-07-2018 at 05:19 PM.