View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
As far as tripletail - really guys? You are upset that the Coastal CONSERVATION Association is on board with CONSERVING fishing for future generations? There are new studies coming out on tripletail (finally) and CCA is just going along with scientific data to manage our fisheries. Oh no, the sky is falling

After all thats what 'WE' want right? Management of our fisheries to be based on science? There have been numerous discussions about the 15 trout limit on Big Lake, and most of you on here say that 'limits should be based on science', well here you go whats the problem

Is it really going to effect anyone here that much if there is a limit on tripletail now?
My problem is not the limit my problem is the way they go about it. If there are new studies coming out, and youve seen them can you post a copy or a link to them? If there is data to support a limit I can accept that. Is there some kind of stock assessment included in this data? I would like to know how they came up with the number 5. If there is no stock assessment than maybe 5 is too many. That is the point I'm trying to make. CCA has a track record of not following scientific data so why would they start now?