Thread: crawfish boilin
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Flounder

Cash: 704

I love this discussion. That is what is great about Louisiana. We have so many different ways to do things in a great way. I have been collecting different methods for years. I try out everything I hear or see as I try to twerk my own recipe style. This year, my new thing is granulated garlic. I heard of this on John Folse's Radio show. It was said you can never use enough garlic. I knew about using garlic cloves and heads, but this year I starting buying and using granulated garlic. I by the tall bottles of it. WOW, it may a difference. My Good Friday Crawfish boil with four sacks was a hit. I also use butter in the water. My question to my fellow crawfish boilers is the choice of commercial seasonings. I gave up the Zatrarains Jars. But I do like thier liquid crab boil. I use some of this along with my seasonings. I have been using Louisiana brand seasonings lately. I am very curious about trying Swamp Dust. Give me some input. Also, I think it is very important to purge and wash crawfish. I do not use salt to purge. I rinse out a couple of times. I came across a big ice chest with no plug that I have been using until the water runs real clean. Once you get the mud off the exteriors and the digestive system, I think you are set. I would love to hear more about Swamp Dust. Probably will use some this weekend.