View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022
Default Here a picture of my 1995 Sureride trailer

Bought my new from Sports Shop know as (Fred Parnells) with my Louisiana Sportsman boat new in 1995. The way they rigged it I hated it and rarely used this boat. Had a few things broken a year after I bought it and went to plant in Mathsion, MS which is by Columbus, MS or Miss State to get parts when I worked in Jackson, MS. Really kept me from using my boat as much as I wanted. They actually put small car tires on this trailer. Guy at the plant said man the dealers are dropping me like flies due to they think my trailers are junk. I had to really keep my mouth shut on this one. Its an ok trailer I had other boats and not as well built as other brands out there.

In 2005 I rerigged my boat which was a chore due to iron on it was smaller than typical trailer that size. Finally found parts change boards, changed springs, spare & larger boat trailer tires from a tire dealer for a cut on roofing material prices in 2008, all new bolts, couldn't cut and coupler so I bought the replacement parts out, and put LED lights from Optronics.

Since then the only problem I had was 2 lights on the Optronic had a few small lights go out. Called Optronic & took picture which I sent to them. Within a week they sent me new lights for free due to lifetime warranty.

Now as ugly as the outboard is once I ripped off that oil injection and bought a new fuel pump runs like a champ. Not pretty but paid for and works, so don't laugh. Cheap on gas and does what I need it to do and now that I got the trailer fixed up it rides smoother and easier to launch and load. I even brought it up to North MS to catch smallmouth bass.

Yeah, I keep it chained and the tires chained or it would walk quick in my neighborhood.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (29.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (60.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (57.5 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (43.0 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by jlsch1; 05-07-2010 at 12:38 PM.