View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 09:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun bill View Post
And you should think about it.
The area I am talking about is Shark Bayou, Vermilion Bay. This area is, on the "map" a "disputed area" meaning the state and property owners claim rights to.

This is a notorious "public" area. So to all of you that think this is going on around the state but doesn't affect me, well...think again. We need you involved!

I have looked at maps and going back to when Louisiana became a state...I don't remember the year. Shark bayou was mapped out, just not named. According to the law, that means it is public waters.

If you are familiar with V bay, you know the area I am talking about. I have fished there for many years and refrained from going way back until late morning during deer season out of respect. I have seen some nice deer there while fishing, and I have talked to many hunters going in and coming out. Never had a problem, no one has ever said "you cant be here."

This seems to go to extremes in other parts of the state. I have read reports of people threatening fishermen with guns in open bays, etc. Or sheriffs deputies writing trespassing tickets for being on private lands.

I mentioned the Public Trust Doctrine in Louisiana, which clearly sides with fishermen and have been dismissed. The law written specifically for flood waters in river basins, and has been applied to tidal waters and, because of the wealthy, gained favor in the eyes of the judicial system would you expect anything less for Louisiana? $h!t, every coastal state recognizes tidal waters as public waters except for the "Sportsmans Paraidise". This law was never intended for tidal waters, but, yet here we are!

Jezz...rant over...I return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

here is the link to the land trust Doctrine.
https://digitalcommons.law.lsu.edu/c...context=lalrev