View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 10:00 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

What is remarkable here is that 57% of the respondents to the 2015 survey were from the coastal zone, and 31% from the East Zone. Of all respondents, 65% indicated that they were either satisfied or very satisfied with the current zones.

32% indicated that they preferred the current zone format (wait, what? I thought 65% were either satisfied or very satisfied. Shouldn't this number be close to that one?).

34% indicated they had no preference in the zone alignment (I would suspect this 34% is composed of guys that hunt well within the boundaries of a given zone, and would not expect to see much of a change).

26% indicated a preference towards a 2 zone (North and Coastal) alignment.

Now read this closely: only 8% were in support of the zoning alignment that is currently proposed.

So why is it being pushed as the only alternative?

One disturbing issue I see is the lack of participation in the survey. Only 19.8% of those that were sent a survey responded. I suspect it will be even less in the future with the decisions that were made this year. People now know that it doesn't matter what they say when a handful of men can override it.