View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 12:38 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary Boy View Post
I am only posting this to try to elevate my status from "gafftop" to the next level. (status-whore). Seriously, when you go to an investment broker, they will ask you if you want safety (security) or growth(higher risk). Most times they will reccommend a combination of both stocks. Having pulled out of the market mid-year '08 , I was able to avoid the carnage that hit Wall St. later in the year and early this year. I am now back in the market but I remain very skeptical. I won't buy any bank stocks because I know they are still sitting on billions of $$$ worth of toxic loans that they don't want to dump on an already unstable real estate market. I bought a few energy stocks B.P. and Marathon which are doing ok but not burning the world up. Other safe stocks include food companies like General Mills and Coke. (My rationale is even if your broke and on unemployment you still have to eat). If you want something risky, there is a comp. called viaspace (VSPC) that is producing some kind of 'super grass' that they harvest to fuel different types of industry in China. Bottom line is all stocks are risky and kinda a crap shoot. Good luck whatever you choose and as the others said, "Do your homework". I have Google for Internet Browser and you can click on finance and research any company, track certain stocks. I want to get set up with Ameritrade to buy and sell on my own but presently I have to pay a broker a ton of money in commissions and fees every time I make a play.

Risky......may be an under statment. Current price is $ .0315. MKT Cap only $ 27M. ROE is -162 %. No Analyst are following this stock.