Thread: Well duh!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 12:57 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,000

Yeah. It is a coincidence. And here is why in my opinion. One , the fish count is low all over the state. from Buras to Dulac to Big Lake. I went on a guided trip with MArty Lacoste in August and 30 was a good day this summer when normally 75-100 is norm for limiting out a boat. It hasnt been this bad for years. Was it the winter that had a low baby trout turnout that affected the crop of trout this summer? I dont know. But I do know that rain brings fresh water (brings down the salinity), they thrive at the rigs in saltwater with clear water. The water where people are catching these past 2 weeks are clear. "Find clear water" is what folks always say. Muddy water is for redfish etc who fish by smell (think dead or live shrimp under a cork), etc. rather than simply by sight. Regardless, we are a few weeks late for the specks to hit hard in the bay. Its October, the specks are here like crazy for 4-8 weeks and its on. Something happened state wide that caused a low low summer inshore and by reefs. Good luck this fall. Im out in the cape horn bayboat.