Thread: Shotgun coating
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 07:04 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
I got my wife's beretta coated and it was $200. But the thing is bulletproof(no pun intended). I guess it's the price as to why you don't hear more about them but they far exceed other coatings. The testing lab finally just stopped the high pressure saltwater testing because after several several thousands of hours they basically said screw it it's not gonna rust. I actually talked to the owners with questions(which thu are super helpful and informative). They told me that as far as the surface tension goes, they actually had to "tone" down the coating a bit for a batch of Full auto guns for the govt because the coating was so slick that it was throwing off the timing on the guns causing them to not cycle properly. I've sprayed my wife's down with rem oil and tried to wipe off the excess. And everything I sprayed on it came off because the coating doesn't let anything adhere. You can hose it off or just wipe it with a rag because nothing is sticking to it. Also the coating is embedded in the metal so there's no chipping or flaking to worry about. And if you do happen to scratch the metal somehow the coating goes several thousandths into the metal, so scratches won't cause it to be compromised
Awesome. Thanks for the report.