Thread: No PhD Needed
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 07:35 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychamp1 View Post
In my simple mind the theory that masses of rock & gases collided randomly and created a perfect planet which sustains animal, plant and human life perfectly, debunks the scientific non believers. Challenge them to go to church, read the bible and actively seek the Holy Spirit, and we'll see who changes their mind.
My question though is how does it debunk them? A theory is something can be proven or disproven. Can this be proven or disproven?

I'm catholic. I believe in the creation story, but not because it could be proven. I believe it because that is my faith. I also believe evolution is a real thing. Evolution, in my opinion, is a tool of God. For what purpose? Maybe so that his creation will adapt and survive.

But I'm not sure we will ever be able to prove, one way or another, how the world was made. Everything we have is "theory", which I think is using the term a bit loosely, because it implies that it can proven or disproven. Can any of them be proven? Or do we just believe in what we believe is the truth?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk